Flu vaccination 2020-2021
The following patients are eligible for a free flu vaccination
- Over 65 by 1st April 2021
- Coronary Heart Disease or Heart Failure
- Respiratory Disease – Current Asthma, COPD, Emphysema
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Liver disease
- Immunosuppression through chemotherapy, steroid use, spleen issues, HIV
- Neurological conditions e.g. Parkinson’s, MND, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disability
- BMI of 40 or more
- Front line NHS workers, Care home workers, Carers
- Children are also eligible for the intranasal vaccination
- From 11th December patients aged 50- 64 are eligible
If you are over 65 and have not yet had a free pneumonia vaccination you could arrange to have this done in the near future.
Flu clinics will be held between 11.30 and 12.30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays until further notice. You do not need to make an appointment for these clinics. You may be offered a flu vaccination opportunistically if you are attending the surgery for other reasons and are eligible. If you are unable to attend the surgery you can be vaccinated at some pharmacists.